The Face that will rock the World

Modern Art Museum

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Bubur SumSum Tropicana


Rice Pudding with Sweet Syrup

First..let me say that I was quite busy throughout the weekend. Had a recording booking and the last client went back around 1.30AM...and had to go to in-law's place the next morning to see my ailing M.I.L...she requested for Bubur SumSum..and I made some. It was devoured in no time and they requested for more the next time I should come over.
So that's why I'm in the mood for this..

Ingredients for pudding


2 cups of rice flour
2 heaped tbsp of tapioca flour
1 tsp salt
7 cups of coconut milk
a few pandan leaves (screwpine)

Combine the above in a bowl and stir with a balloon whisk. Strain into a pot and cook over very low heat, stirring all the time until it's thick. (Abt 20 mins) Be patient. Spoon into container and cool to set.

Syrup

1 cup sugar
2 cups water
2 pandan leaves
yr favourite food colouring (I added a drop of pandan paste)

Boil the above in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add food colouring. Cool.
Pour over pudding and serve,best eaten cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eh, this is my favorite too.. but usually my mom uses gula melaka/anau and flavored with cinnamon and cloves. nyum nyum!!!