The Face that will rock the World

Modern Art Museum

Friday, January 23, 2009

Tahu Goreng



Deepfried Beancurd with Spicy Peanut Sauce

MMmmm.... I made this after I got tired of the usual menu spread of rice..NO..let me rephrase that...I DIDN'T get tired...I was thinking of a little change,...so I decided that we shall go meatless for a day... Still , this is superb! (if I can say so myself)

Ingredients

4 Large beancurds - deepfried, cut into cubes
1 cucumber - peeled, and shredded into long strips
1 carrot - peeled and shredded into long strips
some beansprouts - scalded

For the Sauce

10 cloves of garlic(best roasted lightly)
12 cili padi (bird's eye chilli)
2 tbsp vinegar or apple cider or lime juice
3/4 cup of palm sugar (gula melaka)- melted
1 tbsp white sugar
1/4 cup water
1/3 cup of soya sauce(kicap)

1 and 1/2 cup of coursely ground roasted peanuts

Grind the sauce ingredients till fine and mix together. Add in the peanuts and mix well. Pour over freshly hot fried beancurd cubes and top with the cooling cucumber and carrot strips with crunchy lightly scalded beansprouts.

Oh..baby...simply...delicious!...

No comments: