The Face that will rock the World

Modern Art Museum

Friday, January 23, 2009

Cereal Prawns



NOTE:
Generally, this is a rather dry, crispy dish but I like to make mine a little MOIST as I love to take my time to nibble and 'suck' the sweet aromatic succulent juice from the prawns, skin and all. Hey...it's yr choice!.

Ingredients

1 kg prawns - I just make a slit along the back to devein, leaving shells intact.U may want to dip them into beaten egg and dredge them in cornflour b4 deep-frying to get a crispier texture. I didn't.

2 tbsp butter
5 bird's eye chillies (cili padi) roughly chopped
1 egg yolk lightly beaten ( I added the white too )
15 or so of curry leaves
1 and 1/2 cup of Nestum cereal mixed with 1 tbsp of milk powder
salt
sugar

Heat the wok and add in the butter. When melted, add in the chillies and curry leaves. Saute till fragrant, before adding the cereal mix. Stirfry for a while and slide in the prawns, coating them. Adding the eggs at this time is entirely OPTIONAL. I did. Add abt a tsp of salt and a tsp of sugar to taste. Remove from heat and serve hot.

No comments: