The Face that will rock the World

Modern Art Museum

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Pineapple UpsideDown Cake



mmm...suddenly felt like eating this..I have this bad habit of craving for food after a fever or something like that...very negative?..well I thought that the POSITIVE part is when I DO make a comeback to the kitchen...time and again...so...it's a win-win situation...(at least for me *smile*)..

I know they have lots of version for this teatime treat..but I guess I just made a simple one, very small, which I think is enuff for my little family....

(but u know what?...it's not!...hehe)

Ingredients

1 can of pineapple rings - cut a few into wedges, to decorate accordingly to your pan.
some glace red and green cherries.

for the caramel crust:

50g softened butter
50g light brown sugar
Beat the above until creamy, then spread onto the base and sides of an 8-inch round pan.(I used a flower pan)

Arrange the pineapple creatively in the pan which has been spread with the caramel crust. Insert a cherry in between the pineapples.

for the CAKE:

100g softened butter
100g of castor sugar (if u don't have a sweet tooth,80g should be enuff)
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence OR pineapple essence
120g of cake flour - sifted
1/2 tsp baking powder - sifted
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda - sifted
pinch of salt (if your butter is unsalted)
2 tbsp of pineapple syrup from the can (this is optional)

Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the eggs and essence. Mix until well incorporated. Add in the sifted flour,baking powder and soda. Fold in till u have a nice batter. Drop the batter by the spoonful, slowly over the arranged pineapple and cherry slices. U don't want to move their positions. When all the batter has been poured, level the top nicely with the back of a spoon or spatula.

Bake in a preheated 175 - 180 degrees oven (switch off the fan)for abt 35 mins or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave the cake in the pan for 5 mins on a wire rack before inverting over on a plate. Best served warm,with a dollop of ice cream. Enjoy!



3 comments:

VG said...

Hi Suhana, this is VG. I often visit your blog but this is the first time I am posting a comment. The cake looks divine. I have to give it a go soon.

Sayang Suhana said...

hi VG...welcome...am honoured to have a frequent visitor...visited yr site too..loved the cheesecake...pls do try out my pineapple upside down cake..would love to have feedback..btw, i have a whole set of sweet teeth..hehe...do u?

VG said...

Hi Suhana

I will soon. I have tagged the recipe. By the way, I have linked your site to my blog. I LIKE it. Hope you don't mind.

Cheerio!