The Face that will rock the World

Modern Art Museum

Monday, August 18, 2008

Chilli Crab




My youngest daughter have been asking for this for a long , long time...and so, just to reward her for spending so much time on her Robotics, I finally made these for her...and the rest of the family gobbled up too..!
This recipe is for 4.

Ingredients

8 crabs - cleaned

To be grounded

40 dried chillies, soaked to soften
5 onions
6 cloves of garlic
2 inches ginger
2 inches galangal/blue ginger
2 tbsp belacan
5 candlenuts
2 stalks of lemongrass

8 cups of water
1/2 cup of tamarind juice
1/2 cup sugar
salt to taste
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup chilli sauce
4 eggs
1/4 cup of corstarch solution (instead of cornflour, I used potato flour)
sprigs of fresh coriander

Heat abt 1 and 1/2 cup of oil in wok. Saute ground ingredients till chilli is cooked and fragrant. Add water, tamarind juice,sugar,tomato and chilli sauce,salt. Cook to a rapid boil. When boiling, add crabs. When cooked, break in the eggs and add the solution. Stir and when gravy has thickened, remove from heat and serve with crusty french bread. Sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander.


9 comments:

VG said...

Su,
I have to try your version one day. I use fresh chilli in mine.

Vin

Sayang Suhana said...

Vee..hehe can i call u that?
I know ...fresh chillies are fabulous..
I just made these accordingly to suit the tastebuds of the kids..

Anonymous said...

Su..sedapnya..dah berzaman x masak chilli crab ni tau..ntah laa..kdg2 nk beli, tgk size kecik sgt..mcm xda isi je..hehe..I'll buy some soonest! Can't stand seeing your tempting one!

VG said...

As long as you don't call me 'wee" semua pun boleh. No you can can me Vin or VG...that's VG as in 'very good', he! he!.

Su, if your kids like cookies, try the corn flake or milo cookies...manyak seedap lah! I have given Mr G orders to prepare the pineapple cake. Hopefully I will make it tomorrow. Very busy at work at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Hi Suhana,

Im Morni from KL. you are one of my fav food bloggers. The pics are very nice and the deco are neat. Really admire your pics and deco. and sure the foods are also delicious as they look.
Wonder what are you doing for life saw guitar collections and studio ..are you an in entertainment industry?

Sayang Suhana said...

Kak Ummi...itu ketam pun Ana masak pasal ada ketam....kadang2 seksa nk cari ketam batu kat sini...kalau ada pun kecik aje..

VG - thanks for yr cookies recipe...they're simple and sedap..like I said, it's to fill up my cookie jar..my girls are always having hunger pangs!

Hello Morni..Thank u so much 4 yr heartwarming comments..I'm still learning more..I do have a home studio..Hubby is a musician but his fulltime job is at a local polytechnic, specializing in Film, Video & Media. The studio caters for those who wish to do a recording for self-made Cds as well as demos of some sort. As for myself,I teach.

VG said...

Hi again Su

Tks for your comment on my blog. Check it out again...another award for you for a great blog. Also I made your cake today, awesome. Will be posting it soon. take care and talk (I mean write) to you soon.

attyfir said...

looks very yummy..

blue iris said...

Salam Su,

Sorry la off topic, just wonder whether you can suggest where i can getthe best nasi briyani in spore? Last week I tried kat one restaurant kat area Arab St but the nasi was so-so. Been thinking of coming again by year end. Tq Su